Saturday, March 1, 2014

Worms in Dirt Chocolate Pudding

Happy Saturday! The recipe for this week is a fun dessert that is very kid friendly. I call it worms in dirt with little red fire ants. If you have kids this is a great dessert to make...and if you don't you can just invite your inner 5 year old to come out and play and indulge yourself a bit like I do. I posted a gelatin based gummy bear recipe a few weeks back that works perfectly to make the gummy worms in this recipe. Just pour the gelatin mixture into a parchment lined shallow dish and allow it to set, you can then cut out thin strips to make the worms with a knife. On another note, If you notice at the top of my blog there is another recipe searching tool. I have been slowly adding all of my recipes to a new index and it's almost complete ( I just have desserts left) but I thought I would post it as I continue to add to it so that you can use it while its still a work in progress. So I will leave both recipe indexes up but will be transitioning to the new one in the next few months. 

Worms in Dirt Chocolate Pudding 
(Serves 2)
INGREDIENTS:
✿1 1/2 bananas
✿1/2 avocado

✿1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
✿ 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
✿ 1 large medjool date
✿ 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
✿ 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
✿ goji berries
✿ gummy worms (see gelatin gummy bear recipe)


INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Place the bananas, avocado, water, cacao and date in a high power blender or food processor. Blend / process until smooth and creamy.
2) Put the white and black sesame in a small coffee grinder and grind into a fine powder.
3) Divide the pudding into two small bowls.
4) Sprinkle the ground sesame "dirt" some gummy worms and a few goji berry "red ants" ontop.

Have a lovely & happy day!

Love,
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...