MY LOVE FOR HEMP HEARTS.....
One of my favourite superfood heros is the Hemp Heart! Hemp is a great source of omega fatty acids and is a easily digestible complete protein source. Where do I get my Hemp Hearts you ask? Manitoba Harvest is my favourite Hemp Heart supplier because their products are top quality and free from GMOs,additives and preservatives.
So here is the second treat of the day! I am doing my first GIVEAWAY on the blog! I will be giving away a free bag of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts. The winner will be announced Sunday March 24th. There are four ways to enter and you can do one or all four for a greater chance to win...please comment on this post with what you have liked/followed/shared and include your email to win:
1) Comment on this post and tell me your favourite way to use Hemp Hearts! (1 entry)
2) Like my Facebook page and comment on this post that you have done so (1 entry)
3) Follow me on Pinterest and comment on this post that you have done so (1 entry)
4) Share my blog on your Facebook wall and comment on this post that you have done so (3 entries)
SUPERFOOD MAYAN CHOCOLATE BARK
INGREDIENTS:✿1/2 cup raw cacao powder
✿1/2 cup coconut oil
✿3 tbsp cacao butter
✿1/4 cup goji berries
✿27 drops liquid stevia (or 3 tbsp maple syrup, agave etc)
✿1/2 tsp cinnamon
✿1/8 tsp chili powder
✿2-3 tbsp MANITOBA HARVEST Hemp Hearts
✿1 tbsp chia seeds
✿sprinkle of pink himalayan sea salt
***Be creative, you can add nuts and seeds or other superfoods to this recipe and let your imagination go wild.
1) Place a pot of boiling water on the stove with a small bowl on top to create a make shift double boiler.
2) Add cacao, coconut oil,cacao butter and goji berries to the bowl and stir until the chocolate has fully melted (the goji berries should plump up.
3) Turn off the heat on the stove. Mix in your sweetener of choice, cinnamon, chili, hemp hearts and chia seeds to the chocolate.
4) Line a small rectangular dish with parchment paper.
5) Pour the chocolate mixture into the dish.
6) Place the dish in the freezer for 45-60 minutes or until the chocolate has fully hardened.
7) Remove the chocolate from the parchment and break into pieces using a sharp knife.